As of 2022, there are more than 3.7 million apps (and another million games) available on Apple’s App Store. We Americans spend an average of almost three hours per day on the phone, stimulating our brains with a truly copious amount of information, which is quite the assignment for our eight-second attention spans. Fortunately, some of these apps are designed to free up our headspace so we can focus on what’s happening in the moment. Read on as we take a look at four reasons every professional should have a call recording app in 2022 and beyond.
1. You won’t have to rely on memory alone
Having a knack for creating and recalling memories is handy, but unfortunately, it’s not exactly the norm. Our attention spans are short these days, which makes it difficult to retain a lot of information at once. Without notes, memos, or other backups, we may let important details slip through the cracks. A call recording app lets you capture those particulars so you can go back and retrieve the information you need whenever you need it.
No matter the industry in which you work, there will always be times when you need to recall specific information. Scenarios like clocking in with your personal employee ID number may become second-nature, but there are also high-pressure situations that require you to deliver minute details quickly and flawlessly; in those situations, memory alone may not be enough.
When does a call recording app help?
Missing key information can cause big problems, but like Apple says, there’s an app for that. Below are just a few examples of how a call recording app can be of use in different industries:
- Law: Legal proceedings are extremely precise, and a big case can be broken with the smallest details. On the other hand, it can be botched by forgetting the most basic facts. By recording their calls, lawyers can ensure that their intel remains accurate and avoid disastrous mistakes like mixing up clients or incorrectly referencing testimonies.
- Journalism: Whether the piece is about an upcoming event, the results of an election, or the actions of a local hero, it’s crucial that every detail is correct. Inaccurate information could lead people to the wrong venue for a concert, confuse the results of a school board election, or praise the wrong samaritan for a good deed. Misremembered information can tank the credibility of a journalist — and maybe their whole organization.
- Management: Hiring the right person for the job is critical, and managers may interview dozens of candidates before making a decision. Keeping track of each person’s skills, qualifications, and backgrounds can be a nightmare without help, no matter how good the hiring manager’s memory is.
When you have the information you need at your disposal, you can do your job with more confidence, fewer errors, and better results. A call recording app like TapeACall ensures that you always have access to the raw data, which can be especially helpful in a hybrid work environment.
2. You’ll adapt to a changing workforce
These days, “going to work” doesn’t necessarily mean what it used to. With COVID-19 forcing us to break away from the traditional structure of a 9-5 office job, we’ve had to face an array of unforeseen challenges on the fly. Though vaccines have made the pandemic more manageable, hybrid and fully remote work have remained commonplace.
A regular routine helps people stay productive, and for many members of the workforce, that routine previously included going to the office (or some set location) every day. The switchover to working from home can be jarring, and for many people, it comes with a host of distractions. From children and pets to the proximity of the refrigerator and television, there are countless obstacles that may stand between at-home workers and the work they have to do. These distractions make it easy to miss critical information, but the right app will make sure it’s not gone forever.
Whether you work in an office, from home, or in any other configuration, a call recording app is your security net for keeping important information available.
3. You can become an active participant in meetings
Even if you’re practiced in note-taking, it’s not easy to follow a fast-paced meeting while documenting what everyone on the call has to say. When coworkers put their heads together to come up with the next big idea, certain details may be brushed over in the excitement. A call recording app takes care of the busywork so you can offer your full attention at all times. You can take comfort in knowing that all the information you need will be recorded, and your coworkers will appreciate your full and active involvement in the meeting.
4. You’ll improve the quality of your business
A call recording app can be useful for more than just supporting your memory; it can also be used to improve your business. For example, customer service calls are often monitored by call recording programs so the company can make sure its employees are helping customers to the best of their ability. Your call recording app allows you to:
- Monitor business calls for quality assurance
- Identify problem areas and deal with misconduct promptly
- Improve employee training through better feedback
While it’s important to download a call recording app, it’s even more important to download the best one for your needs. No matter the job, TapeACall can help you do it better.
Other apps to round out your arsenal
While TapeACall is the uncontested go-to for call recording, there are also many other apps that you can use to assist you in your professional life.
- RescueTime: Stay focused by understanding your distractions and enjoy an optimal work/life balance with this activity tracker.
- Headspace: Learn how to meditate and come to work refreshed and recharged.
- Checkmark 2: Keep track of all of your tasks with a to-do list that’s as clean as it is comprehensive.
Why you need TapeACall
A few of the nearly four million apps in the app store are for call recording, but not all of them are equally effective. TapeACall is the call recording app that covers all the bases, and it offers an array of must-have features including:
- Recording: Easily record incoming and outgoing calls, or start recording midway through an ongoing call.
- Transcription: Rely on 99% accurate transcription services to read your calls in text form.
- Storage: Store unlimited calls and rest assured that they’re completely secure.
- Sharing: Use email, SMS, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more to share your calls with teammates and colleagues.