Several audio call recorder services are available for those who need them, but few provide the value you want along with a quality recording. Many of them also lack the easy ability to access those recordings when you need them. Let’s take a look at three of the most popular call recording options and do some serious comparison shopping.
- Call Recording: Although this Android-only app is used by many fans around the world, sadly it has received mediocre reviews for its user-friendliness. Also, at $10 per month, it seems inexpensive enough, but every little bit truly adds up. Over a year, total usage fees total up to $120, which isn’t the worst price, but there are certainly cheaper options out there. Not only that but if you are one of the several million iPhone users around the world, you’ll need to look elsewhere for a call recording service.
- Call Recorder: This app is available to both Apple and Android users, but there are some other disadvantages to take into consideration. First of all. it’s not an unlimited usage service, meaning that it costs harmlessly enough around 10 cents per minute. That translates to approximately six dollars per one hour of conference calling though. Do the math here: If you conduct one two-hour conference call, you’re actually spending $12 for that one call, which is more than an entire month of calling for most services. It also only covers you for outgoing calls. So, if a client or other contact calls you and you want to record it, you’re out of luck.
- TapeACall: Proudly listed as the number one business app in 35 different countries around the world, TapeACall features the following: Truly unlimited call recording, no per-minute usage fees, a super easy to use interface, both incoming and outgoing call recording, the ability to record calls you’re already on, downloadable MP3 format, the ability to share recordings with clients and others, custom labels for recordings, iPhone and Android compatibility, and much more. All this is also available for an alarmingly low rate of $7.99 per YEAR. That’s right — per year, not per month! For such a low price, if recording calls from your smartphone is something you need even just once or twice a year, it’s silly not to make such a minor investment.
Having your business calls recorded can be an invaluable resource. As with any new technology, there can be some trepidation involved if you’re not already familiar with using the software. Rest assured that using TapeACall to record your conversations from your smartphone is easier than opening up a Facebook account. It’s a simple four-step process:
- Tap the “Record” button. Nothing tricky here. We all know what the red circle means. Press this classic icon and you are officially dialing in.
- Tap the “Merge Call” button. This merges your conversation with our servers so we can record for you. Your call is officially recording.
- Tap the “Playback” button. This is a familiar button as well. Tap it to hear your fully recorded conversation.
- Tap the “Share” button. All recordings are secure and shareable with whomever you would like to share them with.
After everything is recorded, you should also have access to these recordings in downloadable MP3 formats. This will allow you to send off the recordings to be transcribed if you want a written record of them or need immediate access to the conversation without having to pull up the audio.